ISO 28000 – Supply Chain Security Management System for a Manufacturing Company
To develop a management system for supply chain security under ISO 28000 certification, for a multinational company producing household appliances.
This need stems from the request of a strategic client, who has established certification as a necessary condition for continuing to be its supplier.
Ensure compliance with the supply chain security management system for those parts of the organization involved in the procurement, production and supply of products to the customers.
The challenge of making plants and warehouses located in Italy and EMEA compliant and certified to ISO 28000 has led to activities with a valuable and effective impact on the management of Business Continuity.
Provide assistance in order to define a certificate-compliant management system.
NIER Ingegneria’s team that has designed the intervention to satisfy the customer’s request includes n° 6 ISO 28000 certified Auditors, with previous competences in the field of: Quality, Environmental, Safety, Major Accident Risks, Emergency Management, Security, Logistics Management Systems.
- Definition of the scope of the work and the work team
- Definition of detailed project planning
- Kick-off meeting to present the project
- Workshop on security management in supply chains
- Context Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- Risk Assessment in compliance with point 4.3.1 of the standard.
- Security Report that will be one of the main input elements in the design phase of the SG.
Supply Chain Management System Design
- Design and assistance in the preparation of system documentation
- Definition of the SG implementation program
Implementation of the Supply Chain Management System
- Security procedures training and coaching
- Technical and operational support, including management review.
- Internal Audits to verify the compliance of the system.
Support during audits of the certification body
Monitoring and Maintenance Activities
Activities to ensure an adequate degree of control over the actual full implementation and improvement of the SG.
ISO 28000 certification completed within the defined deadlines for 8 national and EMEA sites: Italy, Poland, Russia, Turkey