Evolution and technological progress entail increased complexity in the systems used in every field (plants, machines, vehicles, automated systems, control systems, etc.), with a growing number of functions to be performed, minimising human intervention.
At the same time, such systems must be safe, efficient, reliable and easily maintainable, or – in other words – increasingly sustainable.
With RAM analysis it is possible to identify, in the development phase, the critical issues which could take a system out of service during the operation phase, identifying in advance the solutions aimed at minimising system unavailability, optimising maintenance and inventory management.
Similarly, performing safety analysis and risk assessment in the planning phase make it possible to identify and correct critical issues that could degenerate into accidents, causing serious harm to people and the environment.
Since it began, NIER has developed RAMS analysis in technologically advanced sectors, enabling its customers to achieve significant results by optimising performance in terms of safety and reliability.
- RAM planning (RAM plan / Life cycle analysis)
- Predictive RAM analysis (for electrical and electronic components)
- RAM Analysis (RAM Analysis / Requirements verification)
- RAM demonstration and monitoring
- Predictive Maintenance
- Procedures for corrective and preventive maintenance
- Maintenance optimisation (centred on reliability)
- Optimisation of logistic support (e.g. spare parts)
- Asset Management
- Drafting of maintenance manuals, maintenance plans and procedures for preventive and corrective maintenance
- Training and instruction
- Identification and analysis of Hazards (e.g. at functional, system, component and interface level)
- Risk Assessment (e.g. SIL assessment)
- Functional Safety
- Hazard Logging
- Quantitative verification of safety targets
- Single and multiple fault analysis (FMECA, FTA, ET)
- Security Requirements Management (specification of requirements and propagation along the system/product life cycle)
- Safety Case for generic/specific application and generic product
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
- Markov Analysis
- Bayesian Belief Networks
- Process and Stochastic Flowgraphs
- MonteCarlo Simulations
- Fuzzy Logic Systems
- Neural Networks
- Complex Network Theory
- Petri Nets
- Traceability matrices
- RAM Commander
- ITEM Toolkit
- Isograph FT
- IBM DOORS
EN50126, EN50129, EN61508, EN61511, MIL-HDBK-217F, IEC62380