Health Safety & Environment
HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) expresses the awareness that workers’s health, safety and environment conditions constitute a unitary framework – an organic system – within organisations, be they industrial companies, services or the public administration.
In the last 25 years, legislation concerning workers’ health and safety has promoted (despite the inevitable contradictions) the transition from an approach based on the “command and control” criterion to one based on explicit and proactive accountability of all company figures: from company management to the individual worker, all participants in a new safety culture. What is mandatory is called the “minimum requirement”, indicating the opportunity to do more.
There can be no respect and dignity at work without protecting workers’ health and safety. Consequently it is also true that, to use the words of Henry Ford a century ago, “Production without safety is inefficient“.
Similarly, an organisation’s environmental issues can be faced with the same culture of responsibility, concerning workers’ health, but also interaction with the territory. On the other hand, even an accident at work or an occupational disease have repercussions on families and relationships outside the company.
These interconnections constitute the framework for which HSE management systems are implemented and developed over time.
NIER’s HSE services recall, perhaps more than others, the company pay-off “Making change happen. Making life better”
- Management Consulting on HSE issues
- All services related to health and safety at work
- ISO 45001 management systems and 231 Organisational Models and Supervisory Bodies
- Legislative advice and compliance audit
- Supplier audit on HSE matters
- Classroom and e-learning training
- Health surveillance
- Fire Prevention Practices – CPI
- Machine safety
- Design and project management
- Site safety
- Risk of a Significant Incident
- Transport of dangerous goods (ADR, RID, IMDG, ICAO, etc.)
- Dangerous substances (REACH, CLP regulations)
- Road Safety Management Systems
- Environmental authorisations (AUA, AIA, sectorial authorisations, etc.)
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Emissions Trading
- Atmospheric emissions and waste water management
- Modelling studies of dispersion of pollutants in the atmosphere
- Waste management
- Environmental regulatory consulting
- Environmental monitoring
- Forensic engineering
- OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001
- ISO 14001
- ISO 39001