Consulting services on Environmental and Safety Management Systems for Food Industry Group
- Design and implement an Environmental Management System (building on an existing Health and Safety Management System) and provide HSE auditing services for PARMALAT S.p.A.
- Provide assistance in environmental authorisation procedures for the modification of a number of plant facilities.
- To support the client in the timely verification and monitoring of compliance, in the growth, development and enhancement of the skills of key personnel and in the reorganisation and formalisation of the EMS.
- Assisting the client in the preparation of technical documentation to support applications for environmental authorisations (e.g. Environmental Impact Assessment or verification of subjection to Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Implication Assessment, Integrated Environmental Authorisation, Single Environmental Authorisation) and in the relevant procedures up to acquisition of the authorisation.
As part of the numerous consultancy services on HSE Management Systems – design, development, maintenance and auditing – several activities were performed:
Audit of legislative compliance on a number of plant facilities;
Development of tools such as checklists, forms, operational monitoring and control tools aimed at the proper management of environmental performance and compliance obligations;
Support for the implementation of site-specific operating procedures and instructions and harmonisation of these with the existing Safety Management System;
Legislative compliance Audits and internal Audits in accordance with ISO 14001 on the plant facilities and sites of Parmalat S.p.A. – Business Unit Italy (e., all PARMALAT production facilities in Italy);
Assistance to third party audits;
Training activities including:
- Traditional residential course on standards, their application in the company and the responsibilities of staff;
- Practical training course work (exercises, case studies, audit simulations) carried out in traditional residential format;
- Field coaching.
Technical and regulatory assistance to define the proper authorisation procedure to be activated, the competent authority and other bodies to be involved, the forms to be used and applicable technical-regulatory requirements.
Acquisition and analysis of the adaptation project.
Drafting of technical documentation for the specific authorisation requirement (Environmental Impact Assessment or verification of subjection to EIA, Environmental Implication Assessment, Integrated Environmental Authorisation, Single Environmental Authorisation).
Assistance during the course of procedures until their conclusion.
- The Environmental Management System, certified to ISO 14001:2015 standards, was maintained, developed for all sites, and integrated with the existing Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Authorisation was received for restructuring projects in a number of the Group’s plant facilities.